This event was held May 14, 2018.
- View PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
- Questions and Answers (PDF)
- National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) Road User Charge Explainer
- Surface Transportation System Funding Alternatives Program (STSFA) Overview
- Surface Transportation System Funding Alternatives Program (STSFA) Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
- Surface Transportation System Funding Alternatives Program (STSFA) Webinar
- Mileage-Based User Fee Alliance (MBUFA)
- California Road User Charge Pilot
- Oregon Road User Charge (RUC) Program
- Road User Charge West
- I-95 Corridor Coalition
This webinar provided an accessible introduction to road user charges (RUC) as a user-based alternative revenue mechanism for surface transportation and highlighted successful examples of collaboration, leadership, and public education from states working to build internal capacity and external support around this issue. Speakers included Norma Ortega, CFO of Caltrans (retired) and Vice Chair of the Mileage Based User Fee Alliance (MBUFA); Carlos Braceras, Director of Utah DOT and Board Chair of the Western Road Usage Charge Consortium; and Patricia Hendren, Executive Director of the I-95 Corridor Coalition. Angela Jacobs, FHWA STSFA Program Manager, provided an update on the current status and activities of the Surface Transportation System Funding Alternative (STSFA) Grants program.